TOTAL OXIDATION MANAGEMENT (TOM) is a lifestyle approach that combines the use of topically applied freshly activated antioxidant vitamins along with making smart choices that minimize your overexposure to oxidizing elements. But before you can make these lifestyle changes, you first need to understand what “oxidizing” means and how it causes you to age.
Malibu C offers a customized Wellness Hair Care Regimen for every hair type because everyone showering in water needs to use Malibu C. What most people don’t realize is what is hiding in your shower water is often the culprit of many common and severe issues for the hair, scalp and skin. Over 85% of the country is shampooing in hard water, which is packed with minerals and harsh chemicals that wreak major havoc on the hair, scalp and skin and can even serve as a trigger for many conditions.
Hard water mineral build-up on the hair can be a trigger for issues such as hair color fading, poor grey coverage, brassy blondes, muddy or ashy hues, hair that lacks movement or body/bounce, lackluster locks, highlights that seem to “disappear” just a couple weeks after leaving the salon, just to name a few.
Luckily the Malibu C Wellness Hair Care Remedies have the ability to rectify all of the issues, and more!
Total Oxidation Management
Oxidation is the end result of exposure to oxygen (which is all around you), compounded by constant and intermittent, aggressive exposure to elements such as wind, water or sun.
Oxidation affects our appearance. A typical example of oxidation on an object is rust on iron. A better example of how oxidation affects our bodies can be compared to repeated washing of a favorite shirt. You probably want that shirt to last and look new as long as it can.
And this is where TOTAL OXIDATION MANAGEMENT comes in. If oxidation is causing you to age faster, then it just makes sense that you need to manage that oxidation. Free radicals, the culprits that cause aging, are created by oxidation.
WHAT IS WELLNESS?
WELLNESS is lifestyle approach that includes regular activities which promote longevity in order to make things last longer. For example, in hair care and skin care, this means longer lasting color, longer lasting youthful skin, and longer lasting healthy hair and skin cells.
WELLNESS includes both prevention and maintenance by using ingredients that are consistent with nature’s approach. By using nature’s own methods, you can both prevent or minimize damage to the hair or skin, or if damage exists (such as over-oxidized hair, flaking of the scalp, wrinkling of the skin), we recommend a WELLNESS approach to helps correct the problem or damage.
In the salon and at home, every Wellness Solution includes a Wellness Treatment using naturally derived, freshly-activated antioxidant vitamins for immediate results.
- Hair Solutions begin with an in-salon Malibu MakeOver or the appropriate Malibu C Wellness Treatment.
- Scalp Solutions begin with an in-salon or at home Malibu C Scalp Therapy Wellness Treatment
TOTAL OXIDATION MANAGEMENT WITH ANTIOXIDANT VITAMINS E & C
Benefits of Vitamin E and Vitamin C for the Hair and Scalp:
- Acts as a protective barrier against damaging free radicals caused by exposure to UV rays, pollution and wind
- Helps stop and prevent further oxidation of chemicals used in perming, relaxing and coloring that can cause breakage, itchiness, and flaking
- Vitamin C helps to remove minerals and oxidizers while closing the cuticle to promote shiny, healthy hair
- Vitamin E replenishes moisture to hair
- Helps to improve the appearance of symptoms associated with scalp conditions
- Can help prevent the oxidation of testosterone – a major cause of hair loss